A remarkably simple, yet rewarding dish. You could use Thai green curry paste if you can’t lay your hands on some of the spices.
- 200g fresh Oyster Mushrooms
- 2-3 fresh chillies cut and smashed (use less if preferred)
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 stalks lemongrass cut into 5cms bits and smashed
- 2 cups water or vegetable stock
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 200g spinach or spring greens
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- a handful of fresh coriander
- Cut the mushrooms into smallish chunks.
- Bring the water/stock to the boil and add the lime leaves and crushed lemongrass.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, then add the chillies, coconut milk, the mushrooms and the greens.
- Simmer for another 5 minutes until the mushrooms are soft, turn off the heat and add the lime juice, soy sauce and coriander.
- Serve the fragrant steaming broth into deep bowls and enjoy.
If you like your soup a bit thicker of more filling you could also add noodles toward the last 5 minutes of cooking.